- Mike started in the metal handling business in 1978 at the National Steel facility in Granite City, IL. Throughout his career he held a variety of positions in metals handling and transportation:
- Barge loading and unloading operations
- In-plant railroad management
- President of a shortline railroad in Detroit, MI
- Managed rail and barge operations for National Steel.
- Managed all logistics operations for US Steel
- While at a 3PL in Pittsburgh, PA he was responsible for new customer integrations and management across multiple metals processes, including, steel, copper, aluminum and titanium.
- In his current position, Mike manages all aspects of the HTI Logistics operations, management and marketing.
- Denise started working in the metal industry in 1994.
- She started at Roll & Hold Warehousing & Distribution in Indianapolis, IN. Primary customers were GM Indy & Marion. Provided just in time deliveries for the 2 GM plants and maintained inventories for AK Steel, Bethlehem Steel, US Steel and several other companies.
- Worked at Roll & Hold for 15 years and helped open Roll & Hold Louisville which is now HTI Logistics.
- Has been with HTI Logistics since it opened and recently relocated to Louisville in July to work full time in the office overseeing the shipping and receiving process.
- Experience in the metal industry includes:
- ISO Internal Auditor
- Manager Customer Satisfaction Support for several locations
- Inventory Control
- Brandie started working in the metal industry in 1998.
- Attended Kentucky Tech and obtained certification in Machine Tool Technology.
- Worked at Means and Gay Tool and Central Kentucky Tool running mills, lathe and CNC machines along with Fab work.
- Worked at MST steel corporation in the shipping and receiving department, work all positions on the slitting line. Became Plant Manager and managed the following:
- Shipping and receiving
- Quality control
- Production line
- Scheduling maintenance
- Currently works at HTI as Manager of Warehouse Operations